Ahh, that sweet spring weather has melted away faster than butter on a hot biscuit. It's steamy out there. If you are feeling hot and bothered by the sudden emergence of summer remember that we have the perfect craft too keep you cool. Check out one of our air-conditioned classrooms or try a seat at our cool and breezy work table.
Ahh, I feel better already!
If you are making plans for this upcoming holiday weekend don't miss our Wind Chime Slumber Party. Call up a friend you need to spend more time with and come together to make sweet metal wind chimes using a variety of techniques. We'll have food and beverages-you just come ready to have a good time! Call to register for the Slumber Party as we limit spaces to ensure that everyone has enough room to have fun!
New, restocked and sale items
- new tutorials are up right here. We publish 2-3 free projects every week...don't miss one!
- new stones are in the store: labradorite points, prahnite, colored quartzes, turquoise, magnesite, more
- new wood beads are here; graduated bayong wood, large brown robles wood beads, bright lacquered colored wood in orange, yellow, blue, pink, green (these will be on line soon!)
- all 12x12 scrapbook paper is 4 sheets for $1, while supplies last
- 30% off selected bezel and cab settings while supplies last. These styles are being closed out to make room for more finishes of popular settings and a few new shapes, too. See the closeouts here.
Spend some time being creative, every day, all week:
Today, Try It Tuesday
and make the Ruffled Ear Drops. This pair of earrings will look cool on your ears and you'll learn to wire wrap and use a hole punch.
Come make a pair for just $2 today.
is a perfect day to learn to crochet with wire. Yes it is. Come make a bracelet using thin wire and a mix of beads. You'll love what you make! See details here.
night the Technique Demo will show you how to use wire to create a flowing, organic prong setting for cabochon stones. You can finally use those bits of sea glass you've been collecting all the years! See a picture and the project details here
. Technique Thursday is every Thursday from 5:30-8:30.
- Take an afternoon for yourself from 2-8 p.m. and you can finish a project or get some extra technique help. We always have a metal smith on hand to help you with your questions and you'll have access to our Flex-shaft, our roll mill, the alphabet punches and more. Register for one hour or all three at $9 an hour. Learn more about the Roll Mill here in this video.
If you have questions about Studio Friday
please call Ndidi at 919-834-6260.
Monday Did you take an enameling class and love it? Join us on Mondays for Enameling Studio and you can use our kiln, torches and enamels for a low hourly price. You'll have fun finishing up a project or two in our classroom and we'll have someone on hand to help you if you get stuck. Call to register for an hour or a few hours, Enameling Studio is every Monday from 2-8:00 pm, $12 per hour.
May 17, 2011:
new items, sales and weekend fun
May 10, 2011:
Give Your Crafty Stuff Away Day
May 3, 2011:
April 26, 2011:
Market, Projects and Classes
April 19, 2011:
Spring Sprung Us!
April 12, 2011:
The Big Move, New Classes and Events
April 5, 2011:
Spring Cleaning is Fun
March 29, 2011:
March 22, 2011:
March 15, 2011:
March Madness and New Projects
March 8, 2011:
Felt Restock, Vintage Jewelry Sale
March 1, 2011:
new classes, 3 great earrings to make
February 22, 2011:
bright new beadfreak deals
February 15, 2011:
warm days + new items
February 8, 2011:
Do you love Valentine's Day?
February 1, 2011:
First Friday contest winner
January 25, 2011:
beat the winter blues
January 18, 2011:
new projects, fun classes
January 11, 2011:
ice storm drink recipes
January 4, 2011:
new year, new ideas