This adjustable necklace design features a double-strand section of silk dupioni ribbon that will fray with wear until it is lively and fringed. The assorted shapes and bright colors are happy and cheerful, but the design could also be made with muted ribbon and a less eclectic bead assortment for a more restrained look.
- Round nose pliers
- Chain nose pliers
1. Place the very end of both pieces of ribbon inside one of the ribbon end bars. Using the chain nose pliers flatten the end bar until it is closed securely on the ribbon. Repeat with the remaining end bar on the other end of the ribbons.
2. Thread a head pin through a posey cap and then through one of the ceramic beads. Add a second posey cap and then use your round nose pliers to wrap the head pin and form a wrapped loop. Repeat with all beads and posey caps until you have 12 bead dangles.
3. Using your chain nose pliers to open the links separate a four-link section of chain. Set aside. Open the end link on the longer section and thread it through the loop on one of the ribbon end bars. Close the chain link securely. Open the link on the other end of this section and thread it through the loop on one of the smaller bead dangles. Close securely.
4. Attach the remaining section of chain to the necklace in a similar manner. Attach the spring ring clasp by opening the link at the end of the chain section with your chain nose pliers. Close securely.
5. Use your chain nose pliers to open one of the rectangular jump rings. Thread the ring through one of the bead dangles and then around the ribbon strands. Close securely. Repeat using remaining jump rings and bead dangles until all beads are attached to the necklace.