Featuring an antiqued-brass locked containing a metal note stamped with ‘C’est la vie’ (‘That’s life’) this sweet token bodes of journeys yet to come. Fill it with a tiny copy of your itinerary or a miniature photo of the red convertible Fiat you’ll rent to drive from Paris to Calais.
Finished length 17.5 inches
1. Using your round nose pliers create a loop on one end of the 20 gauge wire. Thread a beadcap, a bead and a beadcap onto the wire. Trim and loop the other end to create a beaded link. Set aside. Repeat this to loop the birdie bead and create a bird link.
2. Thread the head pin through a bead cap, a bead and the remaining bead cap. Trim the Using your chain nose pliers, loop the head pin to create a bead dangle. Set aside.
3. Using your chain nose pliers and a 7 mm jump ring attach the 8 inch chain section to the left side of the envelope locket. Using your chain nose pliers open one end of the bead link and thread the loop through the link at the other end of the 8 inch chain section. Close loop securely. Attach the square jump ring to the other side of the bead link in a similar manner.
4. Using your chain nose pliers and a 7 mm jump ring attach the 1 inch chain section to the left side of the envelope locket. Open the loop on the bottom of the birdie link and attach it to the 1 inch chain section. Open the remaining loop on the birdie link and attach it to the 7 inch chain section. Using the remaining jump ring, attach the bead dangle to the loop on the bottom of the birdie link.
5. Using your chain nose pliers open the small ring on the spring ring clasp. Thread this through the end of the 7 inch chain section and close securely.
Make this necklace for your friend who has three children and makes it look like a walk in the park. Three floating hearts hang from a strand of leather above a small envelope locket. Inside the locket is a metal note saying 'I love you' but you could replace it with a picture of those three sweeties. No children? The hearts could easily be you and your sisters, or those three puppies you love to come home to.
Finished length 17 inches, adjustable
1. Line up both sections of leather in on fold over end. Crimp end tightly with your chain nose pliers. Finish other end of leather cording with remaining fold over end.
2. Using your chain nose pliers open a 3x4 mm jump ring. Thread the jump ring through one of the loops on the envelope locket and around the 18 inch leather strand. Repeat with remaining oval jump ring on the other side of the envelope locket.
3. Using your chain nose pliers open a 5 mm jump ring and thread it through one of the small puffed heart charms and around the 16 inch leather strand. Repeat to attach the remaining puffed heart charms.
4. Using your chain nose pliers open a 5 mm jump ring. Thread this through the loop on the fold over end and through the end of the chain section. Close securely. Use your chain nose pliers and the remaining jump ring to attach the s-hook to the other side of the necklace.