Get ready for Summer in the city! Pair this swingy tassel necklace with a white or gray t-shirt and jeans or cut-offs for an easy, downtown boho vibe.
Designed by Erin Siegel
- 12 neon 6mm pearls
- 12 brass 2-loop knot covers
- 14 brass 3x4mm oval jump rings
- 2 brass 7mm round jump rings
- 2 brass fold over cord ends
- 1 card of black size 8 silk knotting cord with attached needle
- 45 1⁄2" of brass 2x4mm oval link cable chain
- 24" of black 3/16" deerskin leather lace
- Chain nose pliers
- Knotting tweezers
1.Remove all the cord from the card and stretch. Tie a double overhand knot at the end of the cord opposite the needle as shown. String 1 knot cup and close. String 1 neon pearl and tie an overhand knot using the tweezers as shown. Trim cord to 1⁄2" from the knot and fray the ends as shown. Repeat 11 more times for a total of 12 tassel dangles.
2.Insert one end of the leather lace into one fold over end and close with chain nose pliers as shown. Repeat for the other end. Set aside.
3. Separate the chain into (1) 5" piece, (1) 5 1⁄2" piece, (1) 6" piece, (1) 6 1⁄2" piece, (1) 7" piece, (1) 7 1⁄2" piece and (1) 8" piece.
4. Using the 5" length of chain, count 12 links from one side and attach 1 oval jump ring to the 12th link. Attach 1 oval jump ring 1" from the previous jump ring. Repeat once more. Set aside. Using the 6 1⁄2" length of chain, attach 1 oval jump ring 1" from the end. Attach 1 oval jump ring 1 1⁄2" from the previous jump ring. Repeat twice. Set aside. Using the 8" length of chain, attach 1 oval jump ring to the second link from the end. Attach 1 oval jump ring 2" from the previous jump ring. Repeat 3 times.
5. Use one 7mm round jump ring to string one end of all the chains from longest to shortest. Close jump ring. Repeat using the other end of the chains as shown.
6. Use 1 oval jump ring to attach one 7mm round jump ring to the loop of 1 fold over end as shown. Repeat for the other side of the necklace
7. Attach the tassel dangles to the oval jump rings on the chains as shown.