- 10 Elaine Ray Lentil beads, assorted finishes
- 2 Chain toggle sets ( reserve the toggle bars for another use)
- 2 brass tube crimps, #4 size
- 36 inches of turquoise waxed linen thread, cut into two 18 inch sections
- 72 inches of dupioni silk ribbon, cut into two 36 inch sections
- Chain nose pliers
Create a necklace with easy-to-knot waxed linen and a comfortable ribbon tie. Added details like the toggle rings at each end and the handmade beads make this a smooth and peaceful accessory.
If you have not knotted with waxed linen you are in for a treat. The smooth surface of the linen feeds quickly through beads and the knots are easy to pull. Our Irish linen is waxed with pure beeswax for a smooth, chemical-free thread you’ll love to use.
1. Roll the ends of both pieces of waxed linen between your fingers to attach them to one another creating a single strand. Tie a knot 6 inches from the end of the strand. Thread a bead onto the longer end of the strand and tie a knot to secure the bead. Repeat until all beads are knotted on the strand.
2. Thread the linen through one crimp bead and then through the ring on one toggle loop. Thread the linen back through the crimp bead as shown and pull tight. Using the chain nose pliers flatten the crimp and trim the excess linen. Repeat with the other end.
3. Loop one section of the grosgrain ribbon and thread through one toggle loop. Feed the ribbon ends through the loop and pull to secure the ribbon to the toggle with two long trailing ends. Repeat on other end of the necklace. Tie at neck at desired length.