Designer Cynthia Deis
This necklace features a sweet silhouette pendant created with ecopoxycraft resin. The double strand of beads and ball chain in the middle of the necklace hangs from vintage buttons used as connectors.
Watch the video tutorial here to see how to use our Silhouette template to make your own pendants.
If you want instructions on creating beaded chain, please see How to Make Double Simple Loops or our Step Up Bracelet Video.
1. Prepare your silhouette pendant according to the instructions in Using Images With ecopoxycraftresin© video. Allow pendant to dry for 24 hours.
2. Using your round nose pliers create looped links from the 6 oval glass beads. Using your flat nosed pliers link the beads together to form a section of beaded chain. Set aside.
3. Thread a head pin through a ball chain connector so that the head of the pin is inside the connector. Using your cutters, trim the head pin to ½ inch. Using your round nose pliers loop the head pin. Fit connector to end of ball chain and snap securely. Repeat with remaining connector. Set chain section aside.
4. Thread a head pin through the fire polished bead, through the plastic flower and through the button. Trim the head pin to ½ inch. Using your round nose pliers loop the head pin. Set charm aside.
5. Using your chain nose pliers open a 9 mm jump ring and thread it through a vintage button, one end of the beaded chain and the loop on one end of the ball chain. Close securely. Fit a 9 mm jump ring through the hole on the button opposite the hole where you attached the chains. Feed this jump ring through the end of one section of the most cable chain. Close securely. Repeat on the other end of the beaded and ball chains with the remaining button. Attach the clasp to the one side of the necklace using the 5 mm jump ring. Attach the square jump ring to the other side of the necklace using the remaining 5 mm jump ring.
6. Using your chain nose pliers open a square jump ring and thread it through the top of your silhouette charm and through the button flower charm and around the ball chain section. Close securely.