Take nature with you when you wear this tiny terrarium on your neck. Crimped beads and letter charms on the soft, waxed linen add a bit of interest. Make a longer necklace by increasing the length of the linen.
Caring for your necklace-when you place the soil and plants inside the terrarium add a single drop of water to the bottle. Do not overwater your terrarium. If the sides of the bottle become dirty clean with a dry cotton swab. With normal use and wear the plants will live a long time. If you will not be wearing your terrarium for a while hang the necklace in a location where it receives indirect light and keep the cork on the bottle. Check weekly to see if the terrarium needs water.
1. Using chain nose pliers attach a jump ring to the loop on the top of the G charm. Close ring securely. Repeat to attach remaining jump rings to remaining letters. Set aside.
2. Thread both pieces of linen through a crimp bead. Pull the linen to center the bead along the lengths. Flatten crimp with chain nose pliers. Fit bottle between two strands of linen and thread a second crimp onto both of the linen strands so that the crimp can be pulled snugly and the bottle is secure. Flatten crimp with chain nose pliers.
3. On one side of the bottle thread a copper bead onto one strand of linen. Thread both strands of linen through a crimp and space crimp as shown. Flatten crimp with chain nose pliers. Repeat this to add the charm and 3 additional copper beads along this side of the necklace. Take care to space the crimps carefully before flattening.
4. On the other side of the bottle thread a copper bead onto one strand of linen. Thread both strands of linen through a crimp and space crimp as shown. Flatten crimp with chain nose pliers. Repeat this to place the letters G, R, O, W along this side of the necklace. Take care to place the letters in the proper order and facing 'forward' on the necklace.
5. On one side of the necklace thread both strands of linen through a crimp and through the ring on the clasp. Thread the linen back through the crimp and tighten linen to place the crimp approx. ½ inch from the crimp. Flatten crimp using chain nose pliers and trim excess linen. Repeat to attach square jump ring to the other side of the necklace.
6. Carefully place a very small amount of damp soil in the bottom of the bottle. Use the cotton swab to wipe down the sides of the bottle as you go. Using tweezers, place the small bit of moss or greenery into the soil. Clean the sides of the bottle before placing cork. Keep the cork on the bottle as you wear the terrarium; the water will evaporate and condense on the glass and keep the moss moist.